lunes, 4 de abril de 2011

Proyecto Totem- Vertebrates








Vertebrates are higher life forms. They are the most evolved organism on earth and present different characteristics that help them live in different habitats all over the world. Each animal has its own way of interacting with the environment and each animal has called the attention of people throughout the centuries inspiring not only scientific thought but folklore and mythology as well.

In this project everyone has had the opportunity to investigate about a vertebrate of their choice and to go beyond the traditional data and find out what makes this animal unique and able to live in its natural habitat.

This project has been combined across disciplines and each student has participated in all the facets.
  • Science- Vertebrate research project investigating necessary characteristics to live in different Habitats world wide.

  • Art- Construction of a Totem Pole using Native American Folklore and Mythology


  • Language- Reading Comprehension of the Famous Seattle Chief speaking about Mother Earth
       Click on the image to read the text

  • Socials- Geography and Customs of Native Americans. 

  • Math- Proportions


Click on the picture below to see what they have done in Carmen Fraile's Art Class.
It's incredible!!



And don't forget to check out what the student's have to say about it!

10 comentarios:

  1. hello, when I do the project of the wolf I learn to much things and I like the vertebrates so much, I learn about the wolfs: that is one of the animals that are more agresive....
    I want to do more projects about vertebrates¡¡¡
    bye
    Amanda

    ResponderEliminar
  2. In the project of vertebrates in science we learn so many interesting things about diferent animals . Me and my friend Virginia make a work about the Bald Eagle and I find it very interesting. I learn principally about their lifestyle .The students of my class make too sumary of the lifestyle of animal like the wolf the girafe... If i were honest i say that this was very useful for our future.
    Virginia

    ResponderEliminar
  3. We´ve make a project about vertebrates and i think that is very interesting because i learn a lot about the animal that i present and i learn a lot of the animals of my classmates too.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi Maria, i think that the proyect about the vertebrate was very interesting, we learn strange things about the Wolf, the wolf is the animal that we investigated about.
    I learned that wolves are very aggressive animals whenever they want to get something they always fight, so that make us to be scared.
    There are many types of wolves in the world.
    Thats All :) NATALIA.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. In this proyect of vertebrates, I have learned that all the animals have their different form to live where they live. In the vertebrate animal that we have done, the harbor seal, it needs to have a lot of fat in their body. And we learnt a lot about the environment and the nature.
    Justina

    ResponderEliminar
  6. in this progect of natural sciences we learn abaut a lot of animals and interestings things in my progect a work with other ttwo person and we choose the armadillo this progect was very beautiful and we learn abaut the reproduction ,nutrition,interaction with the environment and more things
    i learn a lot of interesting things with this progect I LIKE THIS PROGECT!!

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Maria!I like so munch doind this proyect!I learned a lot of things about the white tiger!Is so intereesting!And because this I do the proyect of the totem! I learned a lot of things about the white tiger!I hope we do another proyect like this!I LOVE IT!
    Kisses
    Moni

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Hello Maria;
    I want to talk about the things tha I learned doing the work of the Giraffe. The first thing is very important because we learn how to summarise a lot of information. I also learned a lot of interesting things of the giraffe, for example how do they gave birth, How much tall they are... one thing that impact me is that the giraffe have a very long tonge about 5cm. I like a lot doing this work.
    Thanks!
    Paula

    ResponderEliminar
  9. in this project i've learn a lot of things like armadillos hide when they are scared and some people eat them.... i hope we do more projects like this because is very fun!!! I like that you let us work in pairs because its better...
    By: MIrYam!

    ResponderEliminar
  10. I like very much this project it was very interesting we learn a lot of things about the animals my project was about the wolf it was very interesting :)
    By JOAO

    ResponderEliminar